Why buy renters insurance?
If you're a renter, you may not think you need insurance at all. (Your landlord already has insurance on the building, right?) But you may not realize that your landlord's policy doesn't cover any of your personal property.
What would happen if:
- Your apartment building burned down.
- A thief broke into your town house.
- A guest slipped and injured himself in your kitchen.
- The home you're renting suffered water damage.
- Without renters insurance, you've got no coverage for personal property loss or damage.